How to Become a Real Estate Agent In NY?
Choose MLS Campus Real Estate School to help you to become a real estate agent in NY. Becoming a real estate agent in NY can be a rewarding and challenging career. If you are looking to get your real estate license in New York, you must start the process by completing an accredited New York State 77 hour real estate course for a salesperson. A NY Real Estate Salesperson can make a great income, with a bit of hard work and dedication! Working as an independent contractor has many benefits, such as being your own boss, and setting your own work hours. Once you get your real estate license, you can facilitate property purchases and rental transactions on behalf of your clients. Remember, a salesperson must always work under the guidance and supervision of a licensed real estate broker and receive any commission payments from the sponsoring broker.
New York State 77 Hour Real Estate Salesperson Course Online
MLS Campus provides the New York State 77 Hour Real Estate Course Online, through our advanced student portal, where we can offer you a convenient and flexible method of e-learning. Study at your own pace, in your own time, from any location you choose. We aim to help you pass your NY state licensing exam on the first attempt, and also strive to assist you to gain the knowledge you will need to become a real estate agent in NY.
NY Real Estate Salesperson Exam
Once you have completed your New York State 77 Hour real estate course for a salesperson, you will need to take your end of course NY Real Estate Salesperson exam. You need to pass your exam with a grade of 70% or more. Your course completion would then be valid for a period of 8 years from the date you passed your course. You must use your course completion within this timeframe to sit your state exam and apply for your license, or it will expire and you will need to retake the New York State 77 Hour Real Estate Course for a salesperson, again.
To find out more about scheduling your NY State Licensing exam, please read our article –
How To Get a Real Estate License in NY
77 Hour Salesperson Real Estate Pre-License Course NY Includes:
- 24/7 Access to your student study portal and your New York State 77 hour real estate course for salesperson
- Experienced Instructor Support 7 days a week
- End of Unit NY Real estate practice Exams
- Free End of Course NY real estate practice Exam
- Final Exam
- Course Completion Certification
New York Real Estate License Requirements for Salesperson
Are you looking to become a real estate agent in NY? You must meet the New York real estate license requirements for a salesperson. You start by completing an approved New York State 77 Hour Real Estate course and then pass your end of course NY real estate salesperson exam. You can take the NY real estate salesperson exam twice, however, if you fail the exams after two attempts, you will be required to take the New York State 77 Hour Real Estate Course online again. MLS Campus Real Estate School will offer you the retake for free, as long as your course is still active. Further New York Real Estate License Requirements are;
- At least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma, or equivalent qualifications, such as a GED
- Be honest, reliable, and of good moral character
- Disclose if under investigation, convicted of a crime or ever entered a plea of nolo contendere / no contest or guilty
- Disclose any aliases or A/K/A
- Disclose if you have had a previous license that has been denied, suspended or surrendered.
Once you have completed your New York State 77 Hour Real Estate Course, passed your New York State Salesperson Exam, and found a sponsoring broker, you can then complete your New York real estate license application, using the online portal eAccessNY.
To find out more on New York Real estate license requirements, and how to get licensed, please read our article –
How To Get a Real Estate License In NY
PLEASE NOTE: If you have a Bachelor’s Degree in real estate, you may qualify for a course requirement waiver. Please check with the NY Department of State.
Can I Use My New York Real Estate License in another State?
You can use your New York Real Estate license in states that have reciprocity with New York. NY broker, associate broker, and salesperson reciprocity agreements are with Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.
The reciprocity agreements for each of these states differ. You can check the real estate license reciprocity agreements for each state online, with the New York State Division of Licensing Services.
If you have become a NY real estate agent, and are seeking a reciprocal real estate salesperson’s license in another state, you must be sponsored by your home-state broker who must hold a current New York State broker’s license.
How to Get Your New York Real Estate License Online?
MLS Campus Real Estate School provides the best online course for New York Real Estate Salesperson License. Our real estate pre license course NY has been approved by the NY Department of State, and is designed to help you gain the knowledge you will need, in order to help you pass your end of course NY real estate exam, your final state exam, and assist you in your first steps of your new real estate career.
Our Salesperson real estate pre license course NY includes the following;
- An interactive online portal, that you can access from any location, on any device, 24/7
- 19 chapters based on New York state syllabus requirements, which covers all the aspects you will need to know to get your New York real estate salesperson license, and begin your career as a real estate salesperson in New York.
- End of unit exams to test your knowledge as you progress through the real estate pre license course NY online
- Free NY real estate practice exam, to prepare you for your end of course real estate pre license course exam, and your final state exam
- MLS Campus provides you with a variety of course packages, to suit all study preferences and budgets.
- Licensed instructor support, and technical support are available 7 days a week.
- Free Personalized diploma suitable for framing
- New York Real Estate Test Prep Master and New York Real Estate Test Prep Math Cram are available, to help you prepare more for your New York Real Estate exam.
New York Real Estate Test Prep Master:
Updated annually with New York Real Estate Principles, Practices & Law, the purpose of this course is to provide a framework for reviewing the subject areas, on the required end-of-course exam, and the state license exam. It is designed to allow coverage of the subjects in a relatively short span of time and to offer thorough practice with examination questions. This course provides you with a useful study guide to help you reach your goal of getting a real estate license in New York.
New York Real Estate Test Prep Math Cram:
New York Real Estate Test Prep Math Cram will aid in a student’s review of basic math concepts. The course will be helpful in passing the state licensing exam and becoming a successful agent. The course focuses on basic math concepts such as fractions, decimals, and percentages. This course provides you with useful examples and related practice exams, to help you become a real estate agent in New York.
These can be purchased by following the links:
77 Hour Salesperson Real Estate Pre License Course NY : Breakdown
- Chapter 1: License Law and Regulations – 3 Hours
- Unit 1 – License Law and Regulations – 3 Hours
- Chapter 2: Law of Agency – 11 Hours
- Unit 1 – Real Estate Agent and Agent as Fiduciary – 2.5 Hours
- Unit 2 – Agency & Brokerage, Creation of Agency, Agency Alternatives and Subagency – 2.5 Hours
- Unit 3 – Dual Agency, Agency Relationships and Termination of Agency – 2.5 Hours
- Unit 4 – Forms & Disclosures Policy, Disclosure Requirements and Completing the Signature Page – 2.5 Hours
- Unit 5 – Independent Contractor Employee – 1 Hour
- Chapter 3: Legal Issues – 10 Hours
- Unit 1 – Estate & Interests – 3 Hours
- Unit 2 – Liens & Easements – 2.5 Hours
- Unit 3 – Deeds – 2.5 Hours
- Title closing & Costs – 2 Hour
- Chapter 4: The contract of sales And Leases – 3 Hours
- Unit 1 – Leases – 1 Hour
- Unit 2 – Contracts – 1 Hour
- Unit 3 – Contract Preparation – 1 Hour
- Chapter 5: Real Estate Finance – 5 Hours
- Unit 1 – Mortgage Loans – 2.5 Hours
- Unit 2 – Truth in Lending Act and Predatory Lending Practices – 2.5 Hours
- Chapter 6: Land Use Regulations – 3 Hours
- Unit 1 – Land Use Regulations – 3 Hours
- Chapter 7: Construction and Environmental Issues – 5 Hours
- Unit 1 – Construction – 2 Hours
- Unit 2 – Environmental Issues – 3 Hours
- Chapter 8: Valuation Process and Pricing Properties – 3 Hours
- Unit 1 – Valuation Process and Pricing Properties – 3 Hours
- Chapter 9: Human Rights and Fair Housing – 4 Hours
- Unit 1 – Fair Housing – 2 Hours
- Unit 2 – Human Rights – 2 Hours
- Chapter 10: Real Estate Mathematics – 1 Hour
- Unit 1 – Real Estate Mathematics – 1 Hour
- Chapter 11: Municipal Agencies – 2 Hours
- Unit 1 – Municipal Agencies – 2 Hours
- Chapter 12: Property Insurance – 2 Hours
- Unit 1 – Property Insurance – 2 Hours
- Chapter 13: Licensee Safety – 1 Hour
- Unit 1 – Licensee Safety – 1 Hour
- Chapter 14: Taxes and Assessments – 3 Hours
- Unit 1 – Taxes and Assessments – 3 Hours
- Chapter 15: Condominiums and Cooperatives – 4 Hours
- Unit 1 – Condominiums – 2 Hours
- Unit 2 – Cooperatives – 2 Hours
- Chapter 16: Commercial and Investment Properties – 10 Hours
- Unit 1 – Investment Properties – 3 Hours
- Unit 2 – Property Analysis and Terminology 1/2 – 3.5 Hours
- Unit 3 – Property Analysis and Terminology 2/2 – 3.5 Hours
- Chapter 17: Income Tax Issues in Real Estate Transaction – 3 Hours
- Unit 1 – Income Tax Issues in Real Estate Transaction – 3 Hours
- Chapter 18: Mortgage Brokerage – 1 Hour
- Unit 1 – Mortgage Brokerage – 1 Hour
- Chapter 19: Property Management – 2 Hours
- Unit 1 – Property Management – 2 Hours
- Practice End-Of-Course Exam
- Final Exam – 3 Hour Timed Exam (100 questions multiple choice) Passing score of 70% or better
Free Real Estate Sales Associate Practice Exam
This program is designed to test your real estate knowledge and to help you prepare to pass the end of course exam the first time. It is a user-friendly system designed to assist you in your quest to become a licensed real estate professional. Our questions are similar to the questions you will need to answer when you sit for your end of course exam. By taking these quizzes you will become better prepared to pass your end-of-course exam the first time.
Practice. Practice. Practice. Students who take the practice exam two or more times and receive a passing grade of 70% or higher are passing all of our course exams on their first try. In addition, make sure that you are receiving 100% on all your chapter comprehensive tests and quizzes. Review the course material on the questions you are missing. To be better prepared for the state exam, try to get in the mid to upper 80’s and 90% on all your practice exams in your course and when taking the practice exams in the exam prep master.
Course Final Exam Information
Answer Each Question In Order: You cannot close out or use the back or previous button. If you exit the exam before you have a passing score, or fail the exam, you must wait thirty days before you can attempt it again. The best way to prepare for the final exam is to take the practice exam multiple times. Each time you will get your score right, and you will be able to review all questions.
30 Day Retake: If you do not pass the final exam on your first attempt, you will be given a link to a second final exam. The second exam cannot be taken until thirty days after the first exam according to Florida real estate regulations. The other option will be to retake the whole course without waiting for 30 days. Both options are free.
End of Course Certificate
Once you pass your end of course exam with a passing score of 70% or better, you will be able to generate a free copy of your certificate of completion by clicking on the Certificate Icon below the final exam.
IMPORTANT: You will need to present a copy of your certificate in order to take the state exam.