How To Become a Real Estate Broker in New York
Have you been working hard as a licensed real estate agent and feel you are ready to progress to the next stage of your career? Are you ready to open your own brokerage and are looking to find out how? The first step you should take to obtain a broker license in NY is to complete the NYS 75 Hour broker Course.
MLS Campus provides you with an approved broker real estate pre licensing course that will guide and teach you all the subjects required by the New York Department of State, Division of Licensing Services. Our NYS 75-Hour broker course includes instruction on a wide range of subjects to help you progress to the next level of your career and to pass the NY State licensing exam for broker. You will learn all you need to know about broker’s office management, supervision and operations, New York agency disclosures, real estate finance and property investment, general business law, tenant landlord relationships and property management and construction and development. The course will also guide you through how real property is conveyed, title closings and closing costs, as well as local NY environmental concerns, and taxes and assessments.
What Are the Requirements to Be a Real Estate Broker in NY?
The NY Department of State has the following requirements to be a real estate broker in NY:
- You must have at least two years of experience as a licensed real estate salesperson or alternatively you must have at least three years of experience in the general real estate field (This could include managing real estate that is owned by your employer or buying and selling your own property)
- You must have completed the qualifying salesperson course of 75 hours and also complete the 75-hour real estate broker course NY
- You then must pass the broker real estate exam administered by the Department of State
If you hold a university degree in real estate, or hold a real estate license in another state and wish to obtain a broker license in New York, please read our blog on How to Get a Broker’s License in NY for more information on license reciprocity and more.
If you do not yet hold a real estate license you must take the NY Salesperson Course – 75 hours.
MLS CAMPUS – New York Real Estate Broker License School
MLS Campus has over 10 years of experience in providing real estate courses online. We want all our students to know that they are in good hands. We strive to provide you with everything you need, when you need it, so that you can achieve your dream job in real estate. We offer approved and flexible online learning so that you can study from any location, at your own pace and in your own time. We have prepared thousands of budding students to pass their real estate exams. Our real estate license school is accredited by ARELLO and courses are approved by NY Department of State.
Which Real Estate Pre Licensing Course NY Package is Right For You?
Our 75-hour real estate broker course packages for NY range from the State required real estate pre-licensing course, to audio courses and broker examination preparation so that we can give you the best start in your real estate career. We offer additional Exam Prep and Math Prep Packages so that you feel fully prepared and confident when you go to take your final state examination. All of our real estate pre licensing courses include a free practice exam, that you can take as many times as you need. Practice, Practice, Practice!
The key to your successful learning is choosing the right 75-hour real estate broker course package that suits your needs. If you need any help in deciding please call our friendly support team and we can go through each of our packages to help you choose which option is best for you.
Call Us: (877) 331-6235
What Happens if I Take the NYS 75-Hour Broker Course but I am Not Ready to Apply for My Real Estate Broker License?
If you want to take your 75-hour real estate broker course and you are not ready to apply for your real estate broker’s license then you do not need to worry. Your course completion certificate is valid for 8 years from the date on your course certificate. Please note that once you have passed the NY state licensing exam, your results are valid for a two-year period.
75 Hour Real Estate Broker Course NY: Breakdown
- Chapter 1: Agency Law, License Law and Operating a Real Estate Office
- Unit 1 – Agency Law
- Unit 2 – Licensing Law & Brokerage Supervision
- Unit 3 – The Broker’s Office – Brokerage Operations
- Unit 4 – The Broker’s Office – Management
- Chapter 2: Real Estate Finance
- Unit 1 – Real Estate Finance
- Chapter 3: Real Property Investment
- Unit 1 – Introduction – Investment Analysis – Investment Strategy
- Unit 2 – Property Type Selection – Analysis Profile – Tax Considerations
- Chapter 4: General Business Law
- Unit 1 – General Business Law
- Chapter 5: Construction and Development
- Unit 1 – Construction and Development
- Chapter 6: Conveyance of Real Property
- Unit 1 – Conveyance of Real Property
- Chapter 7: Real Property Management
- Unit 1 – Real Property Management
- Unit 2 – Delivering Competent and Trustworthy Property Management Services
- Chapter 8: Taxes and Assessments
- Unit 1 – Taxes and Assessments
- Chapter 9: Advanced Fair Housing and Fair Lending
- Unit 1 – Advanced Fair Housing and Fair Lending
- Chapter 10: Achieving Transactional Agreements through Transaction Analysis
- Unit 1 – Transaction Analysis and Individual Considerations
- Unit 2 – Credit, Mortgage, and Financial Analysis
- Chapter 11: Local Issues and Concerns
- Unit 1 – Local Issues and Concerns
- Practice End-Of-Course Exam
- Final Exam – 3 Hour Timed Exam (100 questions multiple choice) Passing score of 70% or better
Students who take the practice exam two or more times and receive a passing grade of 70% or higher are passing all of our course exams on their first try. In addition, make sure that you are receiving 100% on all your chapter comprehensive tests and quizzes. Review the course material on the questions you are missing. To be better prepared for the state exam, try to get in the mid to upper 80’s and 90% on all your practice exams in your course and when taking the practice exams in the exam prep master.
Course Final Exam Information
Answer Each Question In Order: You cannot close out or use the back or previous button. If you exit the exam before you have a passing score you will need to retake the exam. The best way to prepare for the final exam is to take the practice exam multiple times. Each time you will get your score right, and you will be able to review all questions.
End of Course Certificate
Once you pass your end of course exam with a passing score of 70% or better, you will be able to generate a free copy of your certificate of completion by clicking on the Certificate Icon below the final exam.
IMPORTANT:You will need to present a copy of your certificate in order to take the state exam.
30 Days Limited Money Back Guarantee Policy
If you decide you’re not 100% satisfied within the First 30 Days of your initial purchase, simply contact us by email and request a cancellation and full refund. You will receive a full refund of your purchase price. If the final exam has been taken a refund can not be issued. The Florida Real Estate Exam Prep Master and the Florida Exam Prep Math, if purchased separately are not refundable.
The course is active for six months from the date of purchase. We offer the 7th month for free if needed. If your course has been active for 7 months or more, you can purchase one-month extensions. it is possible to have the course extended up to one year by purchasing monthly extensions online.
NEW YORK DEPARTMENT OF STATE CONTACT DETAILS
Street Address: 1 Commerce Plaza, 99 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12231-0001Mailing Address: P.O. Box 22001, Albany, NY 12201-2001
New York Department of State Website
License Renewal Website
License Lookup Website